Main finding difficulties

This is probably a question everyone hates hearing lmao but It genuinely is smth that stops me from playing and enjoying the game most of the time, I feel like every time I go to play killer I don't feel compelled to cause I don't have a main or an "anchor" as id call it and without an anchor I can't hold myself to the game I've tried testing you every killer, ive tried picking one and sticking, I've tried wheels, I even tried not having a main. None helped I need a character I can feel connected to and the one that fits me like a glove yk? But my main issue is that I don't know how I'm supposed to do that so can anyone help? Any tips or like known ways ? Or journey stories that can help me find mine anything is appreciated. And I know this is probably an annoying question but I appreciate it all thank you.

Comments

  • Well the simplest answer to this kind of question is that you need to find a killer whose gameplay loop you like and enjoy. Still I am wrong one to say about mains as I have not mained anyone for years. I usually just play random killers with random builds as I found that more fun that maining one and playing with almost the same build every match. For me its fun when I find accidental synergies or when the match gets even won by using add-on or a perk that usually is considered bad.

    What I try to say is that you don't really need to have a main if you can just find what you enjoy of the game but of course if finding a killer to main is something that you need my first advice stands find a killer whose gameplay loop you enjoy.

  • Just like what @Wezqu said, you need to find the kind of gameplay that you wouldn't mind investing time into. There's over 40+ killers to choose from and most of them have transferable skills from one another i.e stealth killers play very similarly but they have different ways to be stealthy. Wraith cloaks but lacks lethality whereas ghostface has lethality via exposed but needs to be aware of his positioning since survivors can expose him too.

    I personally like killers who excel in chase like Nurse, Clown, and Twins (oh my beloved twins <3) so it was easy for me to get a hang of them. Every now and then, I'll pick someone up that I don't play and sometimes find enjoyment in a different playstyle. Ultimately, 95% of the killer roster plays the game under the same set of rules but the question is, what is kind of playstyle that you are willing to learn? Chase? Environmental? Stall? Stealth? etc.

  • Id go with a few questions:

    • Is there a license you like? As that would naturally help you find a main youd like based on the theme. (For example mine are xeno and dracula) or perhaps you like an original killer's theme.
    • If there isnt a license you care that much about, and you say you've tried the whole roster, which killer did you feel the most comfortable playing? Like their power you find easier to control and get hits with or you just enjoy how it works.
    • Whats your favorite perk playstyle and is there a killer that synergises with that build better than others. For example i like stealth, and chucky's red medalion works really well with stealth builds so i enjoy playing him.
    • Can you categorize the killers for example: Pallet shredders, instadown, trap placement, ranged, antiloop, stealth, aggressive chasers (like singularity/krasue), mobility, minimoris, m1s, sluggers, snowballers (the first/oni), antiheal, railgunners(nurse/the first/artist/pyramid head), stalkers, infectors, dashers, snipers, teleporters, Adapters (Dracula/Vecna), fast vaulters, double tappers, high map pressure, passive slowdown (pig/pinhead), area control, totem defenders, zoners, high skill, low skill, and then pick from your favorite category, and try all those killers out whichever one feels the most comfortable to play.
  • choose it based on whose chase music you like the best