Is a community language translation mod (client-side, text only) tolerated like custom icons?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for an official clarification about translation mods.

I know BHVR has stated they won't intentionally ban players for custom icon packs, since they are purely cosmetic, client-side, and give no gameplay advantage.

My question is about a community language translation: editing the game's localization files (.locres) to provide a fan-made translation into a language that isn't officially supported. To be clear about what it is:

  • Text only — no gameplay changes whatsoever.
  • Client-side — it only affects what I see on my own screen.
  • No advantage — it does not reveal information, highlight anything, or alter mechanics.
  • Non-commercial — a free community project

Functionally it's the same kind of file oveloose files in Content), just text instead of images.

Could a community member or moderator confirm whether translation mods fall under the same tolerance as custom icons, or whether they are treated differently? I'd rather ask first than risk a ban.

Thanks!

Comments