Dear BHVR, consider reducing the grind for new players arriving in the 10th anniversary

Really, everytime when i invite a friend to play this game they get scared, not for the killers, but the massive grind to obtain all those 300+ perks in the game. Please, more players will join the fog with the 10th anniversary, delete perks tier lvls, just let players have the perk tier 3 already if they own that character

Comments

  • I'm not saying DBD isn't grindy, but…

    The Anniversary events are the least grindy time for DBD, by far. I typically get HUNDREDS of cakes (or whatever they are for that event) for later use, people use cakes constantly during it (so you'll get like 200-300k BP per match), and the Shrine of Secrets refreshes daily for a short time, so you can catch up on perks you might have missed.

    Make the rest of the year less grindy. :)

  • Its way easier than ever.

    I started playing this game back on November, I have less than 1000 hours yet I have every killer and survivor at prestige 3, with my mains being around P30.

  • I'm of the opinion that if a new player is spooked by what they perceive as a crazy grind to get all the characters and perks, the best response is to tell them "You really don't need all of that, don't worry about it."

    I've been playing for years, I do have everything unlocked, and I personally use a fraction of that stuff regularly. It just isn't that important to unlock a litany of perks you'll never use, just focus on what you have and the next handful of perks that look interesting.

    The actual unlock-to-unlock grind is minimal these days, that's the far better way of approaching the game.