So I recently changed my build...

I think I am having issues with a certain build. I have done healing, chasing and generator build. I just tried a new Invocation build. I am using Invocation: Weaving spiders. So, it takes about 2 minutes to complete, if no one comes and helps you.

I am having issues because I think I figured out this long invocation is causing me to get multiple "Flagged as Inactive" warnings and time outs now. I have got multiple warnings, one after each trial where I do it by myself. I believe this is the culprit because I go back to my other builds, no flagged warnings, period. I go back to Invocation , I got 3 in a row. I tried to ask in discord, no one had an answer. I asked on several AI platforms and was given this:

Behaviour’s inactivity system doesn’t care whether you finish the trial — it cares whether you are actively performing actions during the match.

The system flags you if you spend too long doing things that the game considers “non‑contributive” to gameplay.

These actions do not count as activity:

  • Standing still
  • Walking slowly in circles
  • Hiding for long periods
  • Performing actions that don’t progress objectives
  • Channeling long invocations (this is the key for you)

The Spider Invocation takes a long time and does not count as “active contribution” toward the match.
So if you spend 2+ minutes channeling it, the game thinks you’re AFK.

This lines up with what players discuss in the BHVR forums about inactivity warnings and bans being separate from DC penalties.

*** So I tried to break it up, Invocation 30 seconds go heal someone, go do generator a few and back to Invocation which by now has degraded… so doing this repeatedly makes no sense because them most of the generators if not all are repaired before I can get the Invocation done cutting the time off the generators. So in this scenario it doesn't work to keep doing invocations I get flagged and get time outs, and eventually will get a ban or a perma ban, or just have to give up doing invocations… why bother….

Once I am done with an invocation I am doing generators, healing people, unhooking people, being chased by the killer, getting hooked, and I complete the trial. But then get flagged.

Is there any way to get around being flagged other than starting and stopping the invocations?

Comments

  • I'm like 90% sure you just aren't helping your team dude. I played a bit with weaving spiders a couple days ago and didn't have any problems like this.

  • well you would be 90% wrong. last match I unhooked 3 times, healed 6 times, fixe 3 gens solo. I am not sitting around in a locker. I never have ANY crows. I also sabotage hooks as I go. A few times, and I mean a few times I will bless a totem if the killer is particularly slow. So why would I hide out in the invocation build, and if I am that type of player not hide out when I am doing a gen or healing build… that makes absolutely no sense. Because when I do the other builds I never get flagged, ever. I never got flagged before and haven't been flagged after I stopped using it. Also, when someone helps me and it goes faster, I do NOT get flagged.

  • @JetaX57 said:

    well you would be 90% wrong. last match I unhooked 3 times, healed 6 times, fixe 3 gens solo. I am not sitting around in a locker. I never have ANY crows. I also sabotage hooks as I go. A few times, and I mean a few times I will bless a totem if the killer is particularly slow. So why would I hide out in the invocation build, and if I am that type of player not hide out when I am doing a gen or healing build… that makes absolutely no sense. Because when I do the other builds I never get flagged, ever. I never got flagged before and haven't been flagged after I stopped using it. Also, when someone helps me and it goes faster, I do NOT get flagged.

    Then report it as a bug if it's really a problem

  • That is exactly what I am going to do along with 3 videos… thx

  • Haven't had any problems of using that perk so don't know what you are doing in the basement for two minutes when the invocation takes 60 seconds to complete. Never got any inactivity warnings.