Do you guys think Springtrap has a bad design

I personally think its pretty good but needs some fixing in certain areas.

Okay so I know this sounds crazy but I genuinely think people are over reacting "Erm Achtually I've never seen Springtrap use an axe in any of the games. That's because it is a reference to "Die in a fire" for Scott Cawthon's and love for fan creations making it officially cannon. Or just because Springtrap had to escape the burning building with a fire axe hence why its still burning/charred.

But other than that his axe is perfectly fine it has a high skill ceiling and interesting mechanics such as switching from 4.4 to 4.6 I think this is great and makes it so you to want to use your power and add-ons more such as Endo CPU or Foxys Hook.

Alright THIS is where they messed up and where I am frankly most disappointed. The Security Doors allow him to traverse the map and become undetectable. This would be fine if I couldn't hear him from 20 feet away from me like I get he's a robot but I'm supposed too be jump scared. However I think its really interesting and allows some extra depth to his power that survivors are able to traverse the map and use cameras its so interesting and unique.

Until you realize that survivors almost never use the doors or interact with the power at all. So why don't they? There is literally no bonus for the survivors over move somewhere a little faster but there's a small chance you instantly die OR you can look at the security cameras and reveal his aura for a bit. And so here are my proposed changes for The Animatronic however I know for a fact it will never come.

FIX THE DOORS! Give survivors an actual incentive to use them such as slowly giving spring trap incremental haste from 110% to 115% to 117.5% the longer he goes in scanned this then gets disabled temporarily before it starts building up again. This will make springtrap more lethal in chase, scarier since you have less time to react to his arrival, and finally actually gets survivors to use the cameras.

Note to BHVR: at the very least make it so Control Panel or Access Panel (forgot the name) is actually viable by making doors face generators when the add-on is present in the trial.

Comments

  • The idea is cool. It's basically the DND map in Killer form, but there isn't enough incentive to use the doors. The chance of a 1-hit down is too costly. Spawning them right next to every generator feels like overkill too. Not a fan of the hatchet either, but it fits the MO of modern Killers being a jack of all trades versus doing one thing really well.

    If it were at all possible, it'd be neat to have the other animatronics spawn in the trial and have the ability to make them to interact with Springtrap and the Survivors. They come after Survivors when they're scared but then you somehow convince them to turn toward ST. But I don't think funner side objectives would fix the issue of gens being too precious to take focus off of. It'd have to be something we're forced to do like reverse bear traps.