[Character Concept] The SCP Foundation Chapter: SCP-1529 (The King of the Mountain)

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a concept for a licensed chapter that I think would fit perfectly into Dead by Daylight's horror aesthetic: SCP-1529, also known as "The King of the Mountain."

Here is how I imagine his power, perks, and map working in-game:

πŸ‘€ New Killer: The Mountaineer (SCP-1529)

Lore: A malevolent, paracognitive entity that resides near the summits of Mount Everest. It stalks and toys with climbers who dare to ascend too high, putting them into a hypnotic, freezing trance before executing them. Dragged into the Fog by The Entity, it now brings the perpetual frost of the peaks to the Survivors.

❄️ Special Power: Hypothermic Gaze & Freezing Necrosis

  • Passive - Freezing Necrosis: Basic attacks inflict the Necrosis status effect. Survivors gradually begin to freeze, filling a "Hypothermia Meter" (0-100%). As the meter fills, their repair, healing, and vaulting speeds slightly decrease. At 100%, they become Exposed (one-shot down) and must find campfires/burning barrels around the map or interact with teammates to "warm up."
  • Active Ability - Hypnotic Stare: The Killer can channel his gaze during a chase. If a Survivor looks directly back at the Killer while this is active, they suffer a severe Hindered effect (slowing them down drastically) for 2 seconds due to psychic hypnosis.

πŸŽ’ New Perks (Habilidades)

  • Blighted Flesh: Your basic attacks leave a lasting mark. When a Survivor is unhooked, they suffer from the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects until fully healed, and their healing speed is reduced by 10/15/20%.
  • Stony Stare: You punish those who watch your every move. Whenever a Survivor looks in your direction while within your Terror Radius for more than 4 seconds, their aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.
  • Hex: Bitter Cold: A Hex that freezes the blood of your prey. While this Hex Totem is active, all Survivors suffer a 5/8/10% penalty to generator repair speeds for each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor in the trial.

πŸ—ΊοΈ New Map: Mount Everest - Summit Camp

A unique outdoor map covered in heavy snow, frozen tents, and the eerie corpses of fallen climbers. A thick blizzard reduces long-distance visibility, making the Killer's red stain harder to spot and muffling the Terror Radius. Survivors leave distinct footprints in the snow instead of standard scratch marks, introducing a new tracking dynamic.

I hope I haven't bothered anyone with my idea

Comments

  • I love the idea of a legitimate ice-themed killer, SCP or not, especially as the closes thing we have to that is all cosmetic. I think we'd need a little work on some of the suggestions here, but there's a good base.

    Firstly, sorry to say this, but licensing issues pretty much shut down SCP, so a chapter of this nature would likely have to be original. Think how The Unknown has memetic properties in its lore very similar to a lot of SCPs, that sort of thing.

    Passive - Freezing Necrosis: Basic attacks inflict the Necrosis status effect. Survivors gradually begin to freeze, filling a "Hypothermia Meter" (0-100%). As the meter fills, their repair, healing, and vaulting speeds slightly decrease. At 100%, they become Exposed (one-shot down) and must find campfires/burning barrels around the map or interact with teammates to "warm up."

    So this is where our slowdown is coming from, which would probably be needed given this killer is stuck walking around at what I presume is 4.6m/s like other M1 killers. I think there's a little clunk to the chosen effects here. Just a few things to expand on:

    • Does warming up reduce the meter to 0 or cleanse the effect? Right now I can't tell if you can get rid of Necrosis by warming up, or just reset it.
    • If teammates can warm you up, it's unlikely you'll get healed from the initial injury and not also cleansed of Necrosis. It's mild extra slowdown, but seems like the exposed wouldn't come into effect too often. Depending on the speed of build up, this slowdown might not be enough given the killer doesn't have any mobility at the moment. It does make it harder to spread out on gens though.
    • This passive reminds me of Pig, who is weak but also quite popular.

    Active Ability - Hypnotic Stare: The Killer can channel his gaze during a chase. If a Survivor looks directly back at the Killer while this is active, they suffer a severe Hindered effect (slowing them down drastically) for 2 seconds due to psychic hypnosis.

    This is actually something I don't think will work once you face good players. It does give you the advantage in mind games as people won't be able to look at you while active, but the survivor essentially gets control over when this triggers, and there'll be opportunities to trigger this safely. I think it'll win you some mind games and catch survivors that aren't used to your killer out, but once the playstyles are settled you're going to have trouble. Might I suggest tacking this into the passive instead? Kind of like how looking at The Unknown cleanses his debuff, in this case, looking at the killer passively increases hypothermia, meaning players are encouraged to look away. Then you're clear for a more directly controllable active ability that might help a bit more in securing downs.

    On your perks:

    Blighted Flesh: Your basic attacks leave a lasting mark. When a Survivor is unhooked, they suffer from the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects until fully healed, and their healing speed is reduced by 10/15/20%.

    This is just Gift of Pain without the scourge hook requirement and infinite duration until healed, with a bonus healing penalty tacked on. I like the idea of both being hard to heal and struggling to heal others, but this powercreeps something out entirely. Plus, it mentions basic attacks but is triggered on unhook?

    Stony Stare: You punish those who watch your every move. Whenever a Survivor looks in your direction while within your Terror Radius for more than 4 seconds, their aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.

    This is a sort of side-grade to Phantom Fear. The 4 second requirement holds it back from being an outright upgrade. Good survivors could probably time this effectively but I think that'd be rare. All in all, a decent perk. I think you should clarify in the text that this requires looking at the killer, as right now this would work through walls and will be on every Nurse and Executioner loadout. If you want it to work through walls, it should have a cooldown for sure.

    Hex: Bitter Cold: A Hex that freezes the blood of your prey. While this Hex Totem is active, all Survivors suffer a 5/8/10% penalty to generator repair speeds for each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor in the trial.

    Thanatophobia but better and on a Hex Totem. Honestly, I like this. Not sure about the numbers but when it's alongside things like Hex: Ruin and has additional conditions required to apply substantial debuff, I think this is a solid totem perk that I'd probably use.