What do you think of current Freddy Krueger?
Greetings, friends of the Fog! I hope this discussion finds you doing well.
So, if you are familiar with my posts, you know that Freddy Krueger is a character that means a lot to me. If you aren't, however, allow me to quickly give you some context: Freddy Krueger has been my main killer in DBD from the day I started playing the game, which was all the way back in December of 2018. Most of my posts have been about Freddy and, if I may be so bold to say what I'm about to say, there is an association between my name and the character.
Now, as a strong defender of the original power design for Freddy, prior to his first rework in patch 3.1.0, I was definitely not happy with the direction his second and most recent rework, which happened in January of last year, took the character. To me, his newly reworked power didn't even come close to fixing the main issue with his kit: how boring and uninspired he feels.
Because of that I stopped playing him for a while, switching to Skull Merchant who had already caught my attention by then. However, once a Freddy main, always a Freddy main. At least in my case.
And after getting back to this killer that I care so much about, I've found that my opinion… actually stays the same.
But I've noticed that Freddy isn't really a hot topic these days, and I would like to get a general idea of what everyone is feeling about this killer as he currently is.
So that is why I ask: what do you think of current Freddy Krueger?
Remember, every opinion is welcome here!
Comments
Stronger than his previous version but doesn't feel much like Freddy. I also miss the og version where he pulled you into the dream world before attacking you. That felt more true to Freddy.
They should have just buffed that version. They should also give him voice lines. Freddy is one of the chattiest killers.
Freddy still feels like hes missing things that make him Freddy. Gameplay wise he is fine, def more fun now than his first rework that imo was a downgrade from his release version (which still imo is the best version of him.) he could do with a model rework, voicelines and that's all i could see being done for him sadly. I wont go to in depth with balance or things like that as I'm not a game designer. I did make my own Freddy rework but never posted it as it is more trying to keep Freddy faithful to the 2010 film more than keeping him balanced or fun for gameplay lol. Overall I think current freddy is alright. Still not at his full potential but atleast its not the boring previous version. Still wished for release og version but oh well.
Oh yes, of course. My absolute favorite killer in the history of DBD and, in fact, the first killer I played. All the way back in December of 2018. Good times, my friend.
I miss him very much.