Just an Opinion - Diminishing Returns

I will preface that I understand it's seen as a healthy idea for the game. I am also aware people have been giving feedback & it's definitely not a perfectly tuned idea yet so hopefully won't just come into play immediately post PTB.

All this said I wanted to just share the opinion that, I don't know if we need it. Back in the day when Circle of Healing meant everyone could heal, when medkits were better than they are now, maybe then these ideas should've been/could've been a better solution. Now though it feels like all we should be trying to encourage is build crafting. I don't see enough of it on either side to be honest. It feels like the meta is just all you should use to most, I'd love to see variety & part of that variety is utilising the entire perk roster. A way to help that happen is by making full heal builds very viable with the most healing you can achieve but of course you have no exhaustion perks or ways to help yourself too much. Killers with the fastest vaults in the west or the most time they can carry a buddy, just all sorts of crazy ideas on both sides which are only possible if running a certain set of perks doesn't start seeming pointless.

I want to take a second to acknowledge that this change is being attempted NOW immediately after the release of a new survivor perk from Kwon that as gens are popped increases its potential by 10% to totem actions & healing actions (yes general so to yourself as well). This perk paired with Counterforce for example has been a godsend in this event with so many hex builds. This combo is the only counter it feels at times to oppressive hex builds. That's not necessarily an unhealthy thing but points out issues from both sides. A problem I don't think diminishing returns solves, if anything it makes it worse, much worse. That one Kwon perk made healing yourself feel like it used to but only as the game progresses & only as limited as it is these days.

It's hard to say diminishing returns shouldn't be a thing because again there's an argument to be made it's too healthy for the game to be ignored. But I also think it ruins something that would be preferred. Encourage stacking, making builds based around one core. I don't know it just feels like this would only make certain perks redundant as they'd be the weakest link in the chain & would only be further weaker if paired with a better perk. We should be trying to make the whole library viable not punish people for getting creative with stacking effects.

While I'm on this topic as well just a personal side note, can we stop just randomly addressing this stuff & get back to trying to figure out the tunneling/camping situation again. Thanks.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents, discuss away.

Comments