The Bleak Killer Experience & Why I want A New Game Mode | | Entirely New Game
I've noticed a bit of a negative and repetitive gameplay loop both as survivor and killer. If the killer decides to tunnel, and does so successfully, it will force the team to sacrifice themselves to protect the tunneled survivor. If the killer has mobility powers with gen regression perks, it's basically game over. If the killer can insta-down, and they decide to proxy-camp near a 3 gen, it's basically game over. If the killer brings a full hex build with pentimento, the survivors waste so much time that it's basically game over. Now, combine all of this together with a full solo queue team and they basically get steam rolled right from the start.
I used to think killers needed buffs but that's only because I like to play "nice" or like a "sane human being". If I don't use any of the previous strategies, it feels like I'm overwhelmingly weak. I just don't understand the logic behind this type of gameplay because it doesn't feel rewarding to camp and tunnel. That being said, I'm not here to generate buffs or nerfs; rather, I want an entirely different game mode which deviates from this negative gameplay loop.
The first and most obvious game mode that comes to mind is prop hunt. Yes, it's been done before, but DBD can add killer powers into the mix to make it more interesting. They already did something like this with the mobile version, so come on. They could even do a killer vs killer type thing where killers have to fight each other, mortal combat style with combos and everything. Sometimes it just feels like these iconic horror licenses are going to waste on such boring, toxic, gameplay.
I would even go as far as to encourage the developers to create a sequel that changes the basic mechanics while keeping their licensed killers. Even if BHVR has to renew all their licenses I think it's worth doing so! I mean, they've already done it once, so surely they can do it again. Otherwise, a new game mode would be enough, for me anyways.
Comments