Temporary ban for Communication Abuse on Switch, but there is no chat?
I received a temporary ban (48hrs) in Dead by Daylight until March 8 for the reason:
HARASSMENT: COMMUNICATION ABUSE
• Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
The problem is that I play on Nintendo Switch, which does not have in-game text chat. I also have never used any console messaging or external communication to insult or harass other players.
Because of this, I genuinely don’t understand how a communication abuse violation could have happened. I’ve never typed or said anything to other players.
Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Can reports alone trigger this kind of ban even if there is no chat involved?
I have already contacted support, but I’m curious if other players have seen similar cases or know how this might occur.
Comments
Possible someone took your name on steam and abused chat, somehow you got the ban for it.
Ive had a time where i got hard focus tunneled in a 2v8 round by both killers, and their reasoning was apparently i left them to die in a cage right by the gate and t bagged them on the way out. But infact it was another person with the same name playing the same character. As i often die trying to make sure noone gets left in cages, and i never t bag anybody, not even the 2 killers as they were tunneling. So somebody kinda did an identity theft on me and i ended up playing against their victims. I convinced the 2 killers in the end that they had the wrong person and they felt bad lol
You should contact Behavior's customer support and explain what you explained here. There is a rule to not talk about bans on the forum so this is a wrong place to you to be. Hopefully you get it fixed if its genuine mistake or at least get it taken off your accounts history