I don't think the style mechanic is good as it is now, here's what I would do instead.

Changes to the Trickster and a lot of other stuff on the current PTBT. Lots of really fun and cool things, but here we focus only on Trickster power.

So the current style mechanic. It is very fun and interesting idea, but it's not as intuitive as I thought it would be.
Alternating doing various things is interesting idea, but I am not 100% sure how to feel about it.
It's thematic for the Trickster, I'll give them that, but in real DbD match you can't really waste time switching what you do all the time.
If you combo it properly you can get a lot of style boost with chain of events like: knife → injure → down if they happen super quickly after you already kicked something.
It really depends on the numerical values of the boost he is getting and I am honestly not sure how it would play out in normal match.
I don't like it for DbD gameplay, I like it as a thematic thing.

What I would do instead to Trickster power?
Goal:
To reward skillful Tricksters who don't miss much and throw precise knives during the chase instead of holding m1 like an ape.

Change:
It takes 10 stacks to get an injure.
Each knife hitting a survivor gives one stack by default.
If you throw one knife at a time (not holding M1, just clicking once every two seconds) it gives 2 stacks instead.
If you did not miss a single knife (body blocking doesn't count, as long as you hit a survivor it counts as not missing) you get injure at 8 stacks instead.
First knife will still grant one stack if you hold m1 instead of clicking.

So if you throw knives precisely and slowly it takes 4 knives to get injure.
If you spam like an ape it takes 10 knives.

Additionally stacks don't go away by themselves. Survivors have to do action identical to mend to get rid of them. It's not deep wound. They have no penalty if they don't remove the stacks. They are just easier to injure if they don't remove the knives before Trickster finds them again.
I would say the time to do this action should be 3,5s +0,5s per stack. So removing one stack takes 4 seconds, removing 9 takes 8 seconds.

Comments