Dead By Daylight is Crashing for no Discernible Reason
I am a linux user. I recently migrated Dead By Daylight over from Xbox Store to Steam through linking accounts, and it was working pretty well for a while. However, about last week I randomly begun having crashes during games. The crash always takes the same form: game freezes really hard, stutters once, and freezes again. After about two minutes, the DBD Unreal Engine Crash Reporter opens and asks me to say what I was doing when it crashed. Underneath, it tells me that my system doesn't have the symbols necessary to display crash information. I don't necessarily think there's anything specific in the game causing it. It's happened on several different maps, with several different killers, doing several different actions. It even happened once in what I can only assume (I can't be sure cause my game audio was off at the time, so I potentially could've loaded into a game without knowing) was in the lobby while waiting off a temp ban from leaving a game early (again due to a crash). Now it just appears to happen every single game and not in the lobby at all.
There are no readable crash logs in the filesystem at all, and it happens on both Plasma-X11 and Plasma-Wayland. I've tried forcing proton Hotfix, Experimental, 9.0-4, and 10.0-4 to no avail. I use Steam Flatpak version 1.0.0.84, Arch Linux linux kernel 6.18.7-arch1-1, nvidia proprietary version 590.48.01, and of course the most recent version of DBD. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is happening, and running PROTONLOG=1 %command% as a launch requirement on steam is flagged by EAC and I can't play online. Running Steam from the flatpak cli with verbose gives no errors that would cause a crash, and just tells me when the game shuts down.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
Comments
When I notice it is on large maps small Maps Zero problems. It also happens when im winning my matches and then it just crashes.
1: Server issues
2: Hackers Hacking the Server
3: bad Connections
All these are so common its hard to know
Like if this would be in windows I would bet you are running our of virtual memory space so the game crashes as it has no memory to use.