VECNA impressions
Hi guys! This isn't a rant post or anything like that. I'm very aware of the community’s reception toward him, but after some matches against Vecna, I realized he's a very weird killer to go against in terms of traditional DBD chases.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but the fact that you're running from a killer who can literally hit you at any given moment with little enough distance during a chase is unsettling. Usually, that leads to a lot of poor decision-making and 50/50 situations from both sides, and I’m okay with that.
However, I do have an issue with how much his power feels like a “guess right or get hit” mechanic. You either guess correctly or you get hit by his vines. Most of the time, this ends up being favorable for Vecna, since his power doesn’t really punish him much for missing. Because of that, he doesn’t really have a strong reason not to try predicting your path and throwing it out constantly.
I know most people simply respond with “just hold W” or “guess correctly then! that’s just how mind games work.” But honestly, most of the time when he hits me with his power, or when I dodge it, it doesn’t really feel like skill expression from either side. It just feels like “haha, I guessed right." It’s not like other killers such as Huntress or Blight, where you can actively play around survivor mistakes to secure guaranteed hits, while also having a power that forces survivors to adapt and play differently in a more consistent, skill-based way.
Btw, I am enjoying playing against him, and I do think he’s fun! I just wonder if people really don’t feel that his gameplay sometimes rewards guessing more than properly playing well.
Comments