Ideas and concepts for the grimoire stuff (mood board and material section)

Thought I'd make a thread for this. The mods don't seem inclined to so perhaps I outta do it. This way we will have a specific place to post and discuss ideas away from all the bustle of other conversations, and a place for any Behavior staff to check out if they are curious about what people are thinking. This is gonna be specifically for the mood board and materials part as that is what is being done at the time of me setting up this thread, but I could also update the thread instead of making a new one after this part of the grimoire voting is done if people want.

Now for a reminder or to inform people who don't know:

Survivor Mood Board

We are voting for the image which will be utilized as a mood board for the survivor. A mood board in design and artwork is something used to get a general vibe and mood for what you are design. What we vote for here will effect the ton and general idea behind the character. The options are bellow. For convenience sake, lets refer to them as options 1, 2, 3, and 4.

image.png image.png image.png image.png



Killer Material

This is similar to the mood board only a little more specific. We are voting on an imagine depicting "materials" making up the killer. This will shift the general look and feel of the killer drastically, their lore, and may even impact the killer's powers. The choices are bellow, and again lets just refer to the materials a material 1, 2, 3, and 4.

image.png image.png image.png image.png


Here be the link to the website where you can vote:

https://thegrimoire.deadbydaylight.com


Oh, and lets try and keep this civil people. Obviously. With how heated the old lady vs young lady thing has been, it is maybe worth reminding.

Comments

  • Hooh, this one’s tough.

  • Something I find interesting how material 1's potential association with Beelzebub thematically. Beelzebub is an Abrahamic demon and demonization other gods worshipped by foreigners. It's associated with stuff like temptation, controlling others, and (obviously) heresy. Might be interesting tying into the lore of the survivor and killer, survivor being a scientist and the killer a divine judgement figure that destroyed the world.

    Beelzebub means "lord of the flies" or "god of the flies", and material 1 looks buglike.

  • Ik it's a bit late for that but gosh would I have loved to see killer material 3.

    I did vote for the winning material tho, and I'm not saying its bad, I'm saying that material 3 could've looked so much more badass, like it looks like a religious icon that's come to life