How to fix input delay issues

On PC / Steam.

Since the Krasue update my game has been having one issue after another, but the biggest one of them all is that now all of a sudden I have input delay while playing the game. I've tried everything to rersolve this issue but nothing seems to solve it and I'm at my wits end. This is only a DBD issue.

For the record, I play on 30ms ping, I've tried to changed my FPS settings, turning vsync on/off. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Verified game files, even changed my pc's date/time to auto-sync etc. none of it helps. I don't have this issue nor lag in any other game.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • I did a little research and I learned that this could be a refresh rate issue. Apparently having your PC on 60Hz instead of 120/144Hz can create a little input lag. If your monitor is compatible with 120/144Hz refresh rates, I'd say absolutely try changing that to solve the problem. Lmk if this helps!

  • @KytLuna said:

    I did a little research and I learned that this could be a refresh rate issue. Apparently having your PC on 60Hz instead of 120/144Hz can create a little input lag. If your monitor is compatible with 120/144Hz refresh rates, I'd say absolutely try changing that to solve the problem. Lmk if this helps!

    I do apologise for responding so late! I eventually did manage to fix it! I had turned my FPS up whilst practicing some of Wesker's techs, so I changed that. But for some reason my changes would get reset every time I booted up DBD. Meaning also vsync would be turned on again!

    I turned it off and changed my FPS to 90 after reinstalling the game and now it is working perfectly fine. Thanks for helping though ^^

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4052552#Comment_4052552

    I do apologise for responding so late! I eventually did manage to fix it! I had turned my FPS up whilst practicing some of Wesker's techs, so I changed that. But for some reason my changes would get reset every time I booted up DBD. Meaning also vsync would be turned on again!

    I turned it off and changed my FPS to 90 after reinstalling the game and now it is working perfectly fine. Thanks for helping though ^^

    Dw about the late response, just glad to see you were able to figure iit out.