Game not loading after switching from the PTB
hi all! My game no longer loads and says I have an initialisation error after switching from the ptb. I’ve tried uninstalling, deleting game files and reinstalling etc. it doesn’t budge at all. I’m at a loss of what to do, any help would be appreciated.
I really want to get it working again :(
Comments
I'm a bit late to the party, have you found a solution?
Did you contact the support team?
Have you tried running the game as an administrator, or disabling your firewall?
You might need to do a clean install by uninstalling the game and deleting everything left in the install location. You also might need to delete everything in "C:\Users\*computer account*\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight".
If I have to guess deleting the latter might work alone as its where the game keeps its settings and as they changed quite a lot of things in the PTB version there might be something that the old version does not like after the PTB version has changed the settings files.