Disconnection due to server connection being lost.

So, my connection is fine, no error in any other game, everything is fine but on DBD, any single match there's a possibility that i'll lose connection for no absolutely no logic reason. I've been losing connection to servers pretty often, 3 out of 7 matches i'll lose connection, and the problem is that i get the DC penalty, which is really laughable.

I'm really trying to give this game another chance, but.. this error is just ridiculous.

Comments

  • I have similar problem. DC penalty makes game unhealthy, and videos about dbd with "the killer left game session because of my fc good looping was so boring to them". What you get from forcing people to DC? The only reason I guess is reasonable quitting (and, heh, abuse) to make -9 to your ranking or whatever it named to get similar as you people, but wait around 5-10 or even 15 minutes for it. I really liked PTB for letting players quit without penalty. If someone doesn't like how game goes - it ends, that's the point of probably any game. Except competetive, but you can quit anyway and just play casual, or your team surrenders and you get next game.

    But we don't have dividing on "competitive" and "casual".

  • ​I’ve been experiencing a similar issue, and it all started right after that global AWS outage.

    ​Currently, there's a 90% chance I can't even play. I either get kicked during the loading screen or within the first 20 seconds of a match. I’ve ruled out my own ISP because I’ve run multiple tests. Most importantly, when I use a VPN, I can play multiple matches without a single disconnect. While this "fixes" it temporarily, the increased delay makes the gameplay experience pretty miserable.

    ​I'm forced to use a VPN because my default connection results in an instant crash. If it were truly my internet, no workaround should work—but clearly, a VPN bypasses the issue.

    ​I’ve tried contacting developement, but the experience was incredibly frustrating. They completely missed the point and kept sending useless canned responses. Despite providing them with my test results, system specs, and even pointing out specific changes in the connection logic post-AWS reboot, they’ve refused to take action. It feels like they'd rather I struggle with a VPN than actually investigate the problem.

    ​I don’t know what’s going on internally, but the lack of coordination is unbelievable. Most of them don't even seem to know what's changed in their own system. I’ve pretty much lost all expectations at this point.

  • @GenmLV10 said:

    ​I’ve been experiencing a similar issue, and it all started right after that global AWS outage.

    ​Currently, there's a 90% chance I can't even play. I either get kicked during the loading screen or within the first 20 seconds of a match. I’ve ruled out my own ISP because I’ve run multiple tests. Most importantly, when I use a VPN, I can play multiple matches without a single disconnect. While this "fixes" it temporarily, the increased delay makes the gameplay experience pretty miserable.

    ​I'm forced to use a VPN because my default connection results in an instant crash. If it were truly my internet, no workaround should work—but clearly, a VPN bypasses the issue.

    ​I’ve tried contacting developement, but the experience was incredibly frustrating. They completely missed the point and kept sending useless canned responses. Despite providing them with my test results, system specs, and even pointing out specific changes in the connection logic post-AWS reboot, they’ve refused to take action. It feels like they'd rather I struggle with a VPN than actually investigate the problem.

    ​I don’t know what’s going on internally, but the lack of coordination is unbelievable. Most of them don't even seem to know what's changed in their own system. I’ve pretty much lost all expectations at this point.

    Yeah, i had another issue before and the support here from Behavior is atrocious. I appreciate the VPN tip, but i don't want to be forced into using workaround bandaid fixes, there's literally nothing wrong with our connection, it's on their end and they still haven't addressed this.

    But like i've said, i'm done for good with this game.

  • @Temak said:

    I have similar problem. DC penalty makes game unhealthy, and videos about dbd with "the killer left game session because of my fc good looping was so boring to them". What you get from forcing people to DC? The only reason I guess is reasonable quitting (and, heh, abuse) to make -9 to your ranking or whatever it named to get similar as you people, but wait around 5-10 or even 15 minutes for it. I really liked PTB for letting players quit without penalty. If someone doesn't like how game goes - it ends, that's the point of probably any game. Except competetive, but you can quit anyway and just play casual, or your team surrenders and you get next game.

    But we don't have dividing on "competitive" and "casual".

    not to mention the fact that sometimes you're forced to leave a match because of cheaters, and you get penalty for that too

  • image.png

    This is what happens as a punishment for their lack of professionalism by the way xd

  • Hi,

    I've had the same problem for a few weeks now.

    Sometimes, in certain matches, I get disconnected for no reason.

    I've contacted support several times, and according to them, there's nothing wrong with my logs.

    I have a new, high-performance PC and an extremely good internet connection.

    I never get disconnected, not even slightly, anywhere else, only in Dead by Daylight.

    Support told me they would look into it if other people have the same problem (so if you've already tried reporting it).

    At first, it wasn't a big deal, but when it takes 15 minutes or more every three matches, it becomes unplayable.

    I hope Behaviour will do something about it, because I clearly think the problem is with their server.