Reporting a player for cheating โ What did I do wrong?
So I encountered a blatant cheater survivor in one of my games: they heal health states at will, stun the killer at will, make the killer unable to move, turn invisible, teleport etc.
As its sadly not a rare occurence in DBD to meet cheaters, I had that Nvidia feature enabled which allows me to capture the last five minutes of game footage, so I did that.
First thing I did was reporting them from the scoreboard screen, telling what they did. But I know this does not usually lead to action.
So second, I visited the DBD support website and filed a player report (reason: hacking/cheating). I wrote a lengthy text, detailing what they did and also uploaded the video footage, screenshot for the scoreboard screen for perks used, included the cheaters ingame name as well as steam profile link.
I then got the usual automated response of "Thanks for your report. We will let you know if we take action." That was a week or so ago. I never got a response and frankly didnt think about it too much anymore.
Today, I meet that same invidivual again. And they are again blatantly cheating as before. I do the same steps again, saving the footage, filling the form etc. After 20 minutes, the status is changed to solved. I log into the game again, because the email says "If any action is taken against the player and you have reported them in-game, you will receive a notification in-game.", but theres nothing.
What else can I do to get cheaters banned? I gave them every information I had and the crystal clear evidence in video form. And still, nothing happens. Its not even subtle cheating where you are unsure "is that guy too fast?" or "Are those gens flying too fast?" โ its completely blatant.
So my question is: Did I fail to provide any crucial information? What could I do different, so BHVR actually takes action?
Comments