Reworks, Disconnections, Matchmaking Penalties, Suggestions

When you disconnect from Dead By Daylight, it could be from the server side crashing or from poor internet connection. I notice whenever there is a new update, the game tends to crash more often, leading to unfair penalties. I play other games with much more intensive graphics needs that also require a constant internet connection, and there's no crashing there. It really makes me not want to play after receiving a ban and having to wait 5 minutes, then sometimes 15 minutes if I get another disconnect from the server side.

There's a lot of things that can be done to improve the game. It's not all about getting new killers and skins. You need to be able to retain new players that play this game. There are things that could improve the quality of life for the game.

-improved tutorial including how to loop, strategy, etc
-reconnect after disconnect
-improved anti-cheat design
-improved matchmaking logic
-reworking killers and survivors
-ranked game mode vs casual

A lot of effort is also put into "rebalancing" killers and survivors. I would argue that outside of SWFs and competitive players, it's not really a competitive game. A lot of the fun comes when a perk or power is a little silly or broken at first. Having the variety of chaos makes the game fun. Trying to homogenize all the powers and abilities to be roughly equal makes for repetitive and unfun gameplay.

I would love to hear what other people think. What games are the most fun to you? When was DBD most fun? Are these reworks to killer's powers like Myers better or worse?

Comments