Moving backwards as if S key was being held down

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: While playing trickster on Toba landing, I got a down on feng min then hooking her my character started to walk backwards at full speed as if I was holding down my S key. I tried to press S if my keyboard got stuck no change, tied to swing both short and lunge to no difference but my character standing still during the lunge. Only after I walked away from hook did it stop.

PLATFORM: Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: I got a down on a feng while being low on knifes then hooked her.

VIDEO: was not recording

PLAYER LOGS:

DeadByDaylight.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2025.11.09-09.07.09.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2025.11.10-02.53.40.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2025.11.11-13.43.13.log
  • Player logs are required from PC players only.

Also the link on How to Report a Bug - BHVR for how to get a log only takes you to the home page for

Home - BHVR

Comments

  • Has this been an issue you've experienced repeatedly, or was it just this one time?

  • FIrst time it has happened to me. The only thing similar is occasionally I get stuck in place unable to move but if I walk backward I can again, had that happen a while back on Freddy (happened on others but Freddy on doctor map was the most recent of that bug) and I tried swinging to see if that you fix it but only taking a step back did it

  • Do you happen to have a controller or another mouse plucked in the computer as those could accidentally give false inputs.

  • No I only have my keyboard and the xbox controller that I do use is only with one battery under my monitor so thats how I know it wasnt that