A Small but Impactful Detail Regarding Certain Killers.

17619549241934133606957792071710.gif

Sounds effects.

Recently there was (maybe still is, though I think I saw it was fixed in the patch notes) a bug with Pyramid Head that made it so you didnt get a sound effect when successfully hitting somebody with your power. Despite this having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay, this did actually change the way I felt when playing him. He didnt feel nearly as satisfying to play without that DUN sound effect.

It then made me think of other killers that have that same problem, and the biggest offender imo is Artist. Hitting a long distance shot to swarm a survivor is satisfying, but there is no secondary sound effect when actually getting a hit which is what actually matters.

This post is also mostly inspired by that one segment in the community livestream where they were talking about them little golden pips, or even just seeing a yellow progress bar. It dont seem like much, but it goes a long way

Comments

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O0OA02QFY5XY/17619549241934133606957792071710.gif

    Sounds effects.

    Recently there was (maybe still is, though I think I saw it was fixed in the patch notes) a bug with Pyramid Head that made it so you didnt get a sound effect when successfully hitting somebody with your power. Despite this having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay, this did actually change the way I felt when playing him. He didnt feel nearly as satisfying to play without that DUN sound effect.

    It then made me think of other killers that have that same problem, and the biggest offender imo is Artist. Hitting a long distance shot to swarm a survivor is satisfying, but there is no secondary sound effect when actually getting a hit which is what actually matters.

    This post is also mostly inspired by that one segment in the community livestream where they were talking about them little golden pips, or even just seeing a yellow progress bar. It dont seem like much, but it goes a long way

    I have noticed that "DUN" sound effect plays for survivors, really loud too.