Man people really love tunneling and slugging
Not even the event is safe from it. Like holy hell your not in a championship match a 3k is fine you still win but no everyone just slugs and tunnels. THIS IS WHY THE ANTI-TUNNEL WAS GOING TO BE FORCED but nope people complain, BHVR doesn't do it then thinks giving kills bloodlust 1 is enough of a insensitive to prevent tunneling...it's not. "Oh well if they went the hard core route then it's survivor sided" you know that argument doesn't work when the other side says the opposite or fun fact you talk to someone who plays both roles. It's no one sided because BHVR can't make everyone happy. But here's the kicker those folks who say it's survivor sided or killer sided are probably the same folks who nod their heads at others with my word of mouth or power instead of forming their own idea or opinion. Example I can use for myself is Karsue I hate her with a burning passion but I also played her in the PTB and saw what she was like and I hated it since she was clunky to control but when in live she was annoying to face and I formed my own opinion saying she wasn’t fun to face and playing as felt bad because she didn’t have much of a counter so any match I played her as felt soulless. How does that tie to anti-tunnel? Simple a few big names said it was bad or miserable to play as since you were punished by gen-rushing builds and so on so those big names came in and say "yeah this shouldn't make it to live" and it didn't which ended up with tunneling not being punished so killers kept doing it since they had no reason to feel threatened for not giving that one survivor a chance to play since fun fact during events match making can be slow but even then matchmaking can be screwy since they didn’t get a chance to play meaning MMR goes down their paired with a killer who either tunnels them making their MMR drop more, or simply their paired with a team that aren't in their range so chance of them either destroying the killer which can be nice or well more MMR mess ups. Now I watch those big name guys since I don't play PTB if it isn't a new killer and see what's like and listen to them but don't take their words 100% instead I simply hear it and take a moment to think yes this version of anti-tunnel might be bad but it's better then nothing or simply it could use some tweaking so it's not punishing the killer to much and I form my ideas of how it could work not well but you know decent. So the game is kinda a quantum game(weird thing but) it's both survivor and killer sided but also one sided. Listening to those big names can be a building block to form your opinion but you shouldn't take everything they say to account. No idea where this post is going but uhh yeah tunneling and slugging suck and seeing the November PTB for it gives the idea it's not gonna be great.
Comments