A custom match difficulty scale would be nice

So picture this.

You wanna play let's say Unknown but you haven't played in a while so what do you do? Go into a custom match to face bots so you can get the hang of him again since entering a public match your dealing with MMR not knowing where to play you which can suck since how can you learn how to play a killer or simply practice if your dealing with survivors who may be out of your skill range with Unknown. So you load up custom match, add some bots, probably keep them plain with no perks and give yourself a build to test around with then the main problem appears...bots have walls hacks I am not kidding they just know where you are at all times and the reason I chose Unknown for this example they have 360 vision they can run in a straight path without crashing into anything, dodge without problem and still remove weakened. Bots are a SWF or just really smart survivors YOU made. So having a difficulty scale would be nice if BHVR wants people to know how to play because their new a tutorial gives them the basics of the game but with all the other killer stuff you're on your own. Sure you know how to play Trapper because of the tutorial but what about Nurse? A hard killer to play if you don't play her 24/7, what about Pyramid head gotta figure out how to time your second attack so it hits but bots just know where to go to dodge and as much as I dislike her Karsue has the same treatment when she was in the PTB I decided I would custom match it just so I can learn her but bots acted like she's been out for a while so I barely knew how she worked against bots that did know. Having a difficulty scale for survivor bots in custom matches would be nice it allows new players to learn a killer without feeling curb stomped, allows players to try new builds and fun fact allows people to give themselves a challenge and practice. I can be set 1 to 5 if that makes it's easy 1 being survivors who have 0 hours so constant gen mess ups, maybe they throw pallets a little to early or barely know how to loop and 5 being if you took OTZ(I say OTZ because he's kinda the only main pro dbd player I know) cloned him three other times and then give him the layout of your every move. Having a difficulty scale would be nice am I wrong?

Comments

  • This isn’t the first time I've heard someone ask for bots with selectable difficulty and it won't be the last, I'm sure. It would definitely be nice, I agree. I practice against bots often and some Killer abilities are essentially useless against bots. I don't think this will happen anytime soon because BHVR is still focusing on the slugging, camping, tunneling prevention. From what we have seen this far, it may be a while before they figure out something that works.