Unhappy with Meg Halloween Skin
I am sorry, but this has been bothering me since the Halloween event released. Please take my critique as just that, my own personal critique and if the langauge seems harsh, once again, that is not my intention.
BVHR, I will always give you guys the benefit of the doubt when it comes to your game, both in terms of balance and how you earn your money via the DLC/Cosmetics.
I may not always see eye to eye with some of the choices, but at the end of the day, it is as much of a game as it a buisiness.
However, I have to say, I personally feel really unhappy with the way Meg has been treated, cosmetic wise, for most of the gamse lifepsan.
She in my opinion, gets the most boring, uncreative, half-hearted skins out of anyone (Or at least falls on the top 3) and it has gotten to the point that it feels like ones in the Art/Cosmetic department either have a hatred for Meg or just do not know where to take her.
Most of her skins are generic athletic gear with muted tones, or random casual wear that is almost always lacking colour vitality and exhuberance.
This is not to say every single one her skins is lacking, for there are a few such as Urban Athlete, Number II, End of Semester, Jewel of the Party, Annies Uniform (Biased against it because not a big fan of AOT, but I can understand that is good) and Sidetrack Archer.
But overall, there is a lack of that special oomph that a lot of other Survivors have with their cosmetics and I do not even need to cite who, because the list would be greater than a list that do not.
We get it, Meg is canonically the athlete, the outdoorsy girl, etc.
But we do not need to keep trying to rework this idea over and over.
It is time to try to breathe new life into Megs cosmetics line (this applies to a handful of other Survivors as well).
It is ok to do wild new things with her skins that do not 100% fit canonically into her Gymrat/Athletic persona.
I have spent my whole DBD life waiting for just ONE goth meg skin and the closest I can get is mix n'mashing with Jewel of the Party and some others.
Meg is also the only one out of the OG 4 Survivors who has NEVER recieved an Blighted Halloween event skin.
And when she finally does get a Halloween skin, you give us Meg in muted attired with a black tshirt with bat imprints and beige pants with coweb prints ont hem, an muted orange tie and jacket with a mean mugging Karen face. This is feels incredibly egregious for me as a devoted Meghead. I have to sit backa nd watch all the other popular and newer characters get the drippest costumes and the like and accept this ontop of the other concerns?
In summation,
I know the very talented people in the Art and Cosmetic department can do better, I have seen it consistently displayed across the other Survivors and Killers. I know I do not HAVE to buy the skin if I do not like it.
But here is the thing, I WANT to have an excuse for further supporting BVHR, but when I am feeling like I am not being incentivized and seen as a Meg player, it does not want make me want too.
BVHR, I appreciate all the years and time that went into creating this game, keeping it running and dealing with the years of the community, through the good times and the bad.
But this, this is feels like just one more unintended slight aimed at some of us players.
All perspectives are welcome, I am happy to hear it.
Happy Spooktober guys!
Comments
Megheads unite! Gotta fight for the cosmetics
Hah, #justiceformeg they gave her the Karen Halloween treatment