Houndmaster really was just forgotten huh?
In my opinion Houndmaster is one of the coolest releases we've had recently. The design, the power, the lore, the best voice lines in the game; everything about her is creative and fresh and she's one of the very few killers I can still enjoy playing at this point.
She's always been buggy, but aside from the bugs her power has been mostly consistent and balanced (ignoring the brief window where Snug teleported through vaults that was thankfully nerfed). It could use a slightly longer cooldown after a successful grab but aside from that it's fairly balanced.
And aside from a few VERY small tweaks, she's been completely ignored. She's been out for almost a year now and hasn't had a single cosmetic since the ones she was released with. All she got was an anniversary mask that looks good but doesn't fit with any of the other cosmetics she currently has. Not even a Rift recolor.
And the bugs. Oh my GOD the bugs.
So many of the bugs with Houndmaster are a result of Snug being a physical object that needs to path through the terrain at all times. This causes Snug to get stuck CONSTANTLY. Any time you drop from any height at all, take a corner too tightly, or use a portal on Forgotten Ruins, you'll just be unable to use your power for 5-15 seconds while Snug stands still for a bit before poofing back to you.
This really should only be the case while Houndmaster is sending the dog out to grab or search. Any other time the dog should just not interact with the environment and should not need to rely on buggy pathfinding to stay close enough to use your power.
But the most egregious bug has been in the game for MONTHS. The earliest report on it I could find in these forums was from June. Sometimes when sending Snug over a pallet or window, Houndmaster's movement gets stuttery and she slows down massively. To the point where she's significantly slower than survivors. There are so many reports about this in these forums and every one has been sitting as "pending investigation" for months. This is a gamebreaking bug that ruins about a third of the games I play as this killer at this point.
I know there are a lot of killers that DESPERATELY need attention, but she's important to me and it's very frustrating that I'm not able to enjoy what should be my favorite killer because of a bug that's being completely ignored.
After the last few months, I just don't really have any faith that things will improve for Houndmaster or this game in general. I hope I'm proven wrong about that.
Comments
The most likely explanation is that she simply doesn't make enough money to matter to BHVR. Not licensed, not popular, low skin demand. Which is an insane reason. they should have at the VERY LEAST fixed the gamebreaking bug that you mentioned. just imagine if blight had a gamebreaking bug that forced you to disconnect or go afk.