Spacebar refusing to register during gen repair or healing

I'm losing my mind. I normally don't go to forums or seek community help because I typically can figure things out on my own. But, after looking it up on the internet and attempting to scour these forums, I cannot seem to fix this issue. I've even changed buttons from spacebar in order to get what I want done. However, it simply won't work. I'm going mad over it because DBD is one of my favorite games and I've been trying to play with people. The quality of my enjoyment is suffering as a result.

So, to explain in more detail;

I can vault (fast/medium/slow) just fine.
I can enter and exit lockers with no problem.
I can do all actions that rely on the spacebar as primary action just fine.
I can even WIGGLE with little issue.

But, when I go to repair a generator or attempt to maintain second stage hook, it never registers the spacebar action until well beyond the strike zone. I sometimes can get it to hit, but it's like a lucky strike. The same goes for healing someone; I cannot reliably count on it to hit as soon as I tap the spacebar. It was fine in the past, but after the last couple of updates, it simply fails to register.

I've adjusted graphics, adjust refresh rate of my laptop monitor, I've played with V Sync settings, changed the bound key thinking my spacebar hated the game. I've done everything I can. I even reinstalled the game. Does file corruption remain between installs? Maybe I have a corrupt file?

I don't know what to do and it's making me upset because it's legitimately destroying my enjoyment of the game.

Also, I wasn't sure where to post this, so let me know if I'm posting erroneously. I just am so desperate for help and I tried to figure out where the best place to post this was.

Is anyone else having this issue or HAD this issue and might know a fix?
Lemme know.

Comments

  • My wife is also having this issue which is really annoying because nobody else other than you seems to have reported it online