Unhandled Exception/Game Crashing During Matches

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Game Crashing During Matches, Receiving DC penalties. Can't play since 3 days ago 10/02/25
Tried: Verifying files, Reinstalling game, updated graphics drivers

PLATFORM: PC/Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

Load up game
Select Survivor
Play Match
About 3-4 mins in, game crashes, usually when interacting with killer (looks like I rage quit, awesome ๐Ÿ™„)

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x0000007373003253
Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00007ff60f4169f8

    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 139356664 bytes
    dxgi_7ffff82d0000 {0x0000000000000000} + 260397 bytes
    dxgi_7ffff82d0000 {0x0000000000000000} + 259592 bytes
    dxgi_7ffff82d0000 {0x0000000000000000} + 259037 bytes
    kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 190679 bytes
    ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 36252 bytes

  • I know this advice is so generic and you've probably already tried it, but I'll put it here anyways in case it could help someone. I've had issues with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the past and "sfc /scannow" fixed it up for me.

    I hope you're able to get this fixed. Tech issues are so frustrating :(

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I know this advice is so generic and you've probably already tried it, but I'll put it here anyways in case it could help someone. I've had issues with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the past and "sfc /scannow" fixed it up for me.

    I hope you're able to get this fixed. Tech issues are so frustrating :(

    All ready tried fren. ๐Ÿ˜ž

  • Sorry to hear that.

    Out of curiosity, are the crashes happening around Exit Gates? There's a bug going around at the moment where Exit Gates can cause FPS drops or crashes (happened to me the other day).