Pallet Density Changes are not ‘Quality of Life’
Hello fellow gamers and developers of the game. I was doing some testing regarding new map changes and here’s what I think about them.
The least pallets I have spawned on map that got changes (other than Haddonfield, Borgo) not counting the edge fillers was 16 with 10 windows on Chapell. The most I’ve got was 23 with 8 windows on Ironworks. (Gideon Meat Plant with good winds can have 23 pallets 7 windows)
Survivors who camped pallets just as before the patch now can do it without major consequences and majority of M1 killers are a such pain to play on some of the maps and often they need to rely on bloodlust to get a hit.
The most frustrating part is that those tiles are so close to each other you can chain them pretty easily without scouting the map beforehand or having aura reading ability which makes it even more painful experience because 50/50 doesn’t exists if you can chain it to other tile.
I understand that some maps needed to have additional pallets because you could easily shred through 4 of them and there was born a HUUUGE dead zone like on Forgotten Ruins or Haddonfield, but on the other maps it wasn’t necessary.
You basically destroyed for me fun of saving recourses till late game to change it into ‘Drop Pallet Simulator’ and Roulette with only Black or Read options to bet on.
I like to think when I play survivor, I like sometimes to play weaker killers, and what’s most important I like to feel like I was beaten by good survivors not over-tuned map. In some cases it was reasonable increase don’t get me wrong, but all big maps shouldn’t have this ‘Quality Of Life’ feature for the upside of having gens bit closer to each other and maps a bit smaller edges.
I have couple solutions for you to make it fair and square on both sides:
NUMBER 1
This should came into the game a long time ago and I don’t know why it didn’t since we have such a great consultant team that would definitely be glad to help with such thing and what I’m talking about is updated, expanded and engaging tutorial.
If people did understand that some pallets are more crucial than others, windows should be utilised more instead of pallets, that people can pre run as soon as they hear terror radius so they escape dead zone city, that sometimes it’s better to loose a health state than dropping great pallet etc. then life would be so easier for those who need that many pallets in trials.
You could make mini games on looping tiles with pre established path for killers, choosing between couple of options and seeing potential outcome of certain strategy actions while in the ‘fake trial’ and even a test of knowledge for those who want to consolidate their gained experience.
(Note from me: I think anti tunnel/slug initiative should be done by simply giving players knowledge on how to counter this play styles. A lot of times tunneling is free because survivors make crucial mistakes and killers either has a good heart or just wants to win.)
NUMBER 2
Make pallet spawn dependant on killer you verse.
I understand that this can be hard to implement but this would feel so much fairer for weaker killers and for survivors who verse for example tunneling Blight. The matter on who should have how many pallets/safety when I’d leave to consultants but for me: A killers could have them reasonably increased if you spawn on small map/not safe one depending on tile strengths. S tiers definitely could use that too or just nerf S tiers across the board. B tier and below should have the same reasonably random amount
NUMBER 3
Let the amount of pallets spawned be dependant on size of given map.
Some maps are massive and breaking 3/4 gen is easy when you pressure, pre run, pressure it properly. After breaking it it’s all or nothing for killer, either he ends chases quick or he waves bye-bye to majority of survivors on exit gate. Capping amount of pallets when spawning on huge map could be nice addition for killers that are on the weaker spectrum and suffer from pre running.
Overall
Some Great and Awful map changes in this patch, at least for me. Wanna hear what other players and you devs think about this :D
I love your game I play it since Pig dropped and I invested in it little under around 4 k hours not counting enormous amount of videos I watched. I’d love see you thrive and making this game better place for newer players but in my opinion this is not the way.
Tutorial should be number one priority because when people like me discover comp scene or in depth tutorials from competitive/experienced people game is soo much clearer to understand. It changes mindset on tunneling/slugging and other ‘dirty tactics’ because now you have tools to beat them the same goes for looping/recourse management
Take Care Everyone!!!
Comments