Luck perks and offerings shouldn’t unlock the ability to self-unhook

Luck perks and offerings shouldn’t unlock the ability to self-unhook.

Because if Go Next punishes someone that used luck to self-unhook early, it just creates confusing situations where the person claims they weren’t ragequitting, and they were just trying to get value out of their perk.

And that allows real ragequitters to have a solid excuse for ragequitting, which is really bad.

Comments

  • You may as well delete them at that point, since that's all Luck is useful for.

    The mechanic as a whole needs a rework, but removing the ability to self-unhook before that time comes makes them do literally nothing.

  • My stance on go-next prevention has changed quite a bit since I joined the forums. (I lurk a lot, don't judge my post count)

    I don't think the process should be automated. Make it reportable and actioned upon through reports sure, but there are too many situations where people who aren't trying to go-next get hit with the punishments.

    Maybe it's time to retire the luck offerings? I dunno, some people really like the Kobe chance but at the same time, going next was mostly solved by removing base kit self unhook. People intentionally circumventing that with luck offerings , whilst uncommon, isn't good for the game.

  • I get the thought behind this, but….

    Why would they even be for then? Just a placebo effect or a button that does nothing? Might as well remove them then, since this change would make them near worthless (even more than they are now).

    Go next is a flawed system (as are all of them) that needs a lot of tinkering and changes (like not having the whole thing automated because we know that won't end well).

  • To me LUCK needs a buff

    and needs to affect killers as well (in their favour)

  • @SoGo said:

    I get the thought behind this, but….

    Why would they even be for then? Just a placebo effect or a button that does nothing? Might as well remove them then, since this change would make them near worthless (even more than they are now).

    Go next is a flawed system (as are all of them) that needs a lot of tinkering and changes (like not having the whole thing automated because we know that won't end well).

    The luck perks and offerings can just be completely reworked or removed. And if they are reworked, then zero effort needs to be made to ensure the new perks effects are useful. Just look at what BHVR did to Shadowborn, the perk I played in SO MANY games, but literal zero time and effort went into the rework, and now Shadowborn’s effect is so horribly bad that I won’t even run it for nostalgia. To be honest, Shadowborn should have gotten PTB Deerstalker’s effect, because it gives extra sight, and has a kiss/curse effect; which sounds like something shadow magic would do.

    @Foggyguy said:

    No, I actually enjoy having luck builds. And tbh given that they decided to not do anything about tunneling I do want to know why should people not have the ability to go next? Why should someone stay in a match that's automatically ended in less than two minutes because someone decided to tunnel as blight? There's no comeback and now no anti-tunnel mechanics so it's just wasting people's time at that point unless you want to rat for thirty minutes to get hatch.

    (Since the rules around advocating for DC are incredibly murky and liable to result in bans I will clarify I'm neither advocating for or against it I'm just genuinely asking what options survivors actually have.)

    People shouldn’t have the ability to Go Next in ways that bypass the DC penalties, because it’s against the game rules.

    And I’m getting super tired of hearing people “not advocating for ragequitting”, but are REALLY REALLY describing situations that support ragequitting.

    Like, seriously, you're really really describing the situation that “people should be able to ragequit if it doesn’t look like the game has a chance for a comeback”.