Idea For Killer To Stall Tunneling And Slugging

As a killer, the times I slug are:

-I down / hook a survivor, and am actively aware there are 1 to 3 other survivors nearby. (This happens 9:10 matches, where most of the survivors will just gang around a hook or body to recover the downed person instead of repairing gens to pressure me to leave)

-I am facing a survivor I know has perks that will benefit them more if I hook them, in which case I actively lose value and time by hooking.

-Generators are being repaired too fast, so to save time I hit and run.

The reasons I tunnel:

-A survivor is the weakest chain in a setting generators go too fast.

-A survivor is obnoxiously obsessive with flashlight and pallet stun, and I want that out of my game.

-A survivor that has been hiding all game is the savior / healer I want out of my game ASAP.

With this knowledge, one solution I would propose is to give a perk to the killer: if there are 4/3/2 survivors within 5/5/5 meters of you, survivors gain exposed. This effect lingers for 3/4/5 seconds after the survivor leaves the radius.

Hell, make it base kit and call it "Absolute Fear" because having 2 or 3 survivors run to your face and body block you to unhook or to save a survivor running away is not very fear inducing. Punish people abusing the foundation of the game by running essentially the same build to abuse killers, and you fix the problem for both sides. Survivors will actually do gens to escape and all leave, faster, and nobody gets stuck in a game vs BM and trolling. If you leave a camping killer to the 1 hooked person, 3 people escape easy, or even power the exit to run and save the 4th that way, stop trying to save the second someone is in danger.

Comments

  • the sabo/save squads definitely need to be addressed with the slugging update. It just makes it too easy to create scenarios where the killer can’t hook at all which is just unfun. Body blocking while carrying sucks but we already have perks to stop that from being viable, sabo we have nothing we can do but drop and the new slug changes make dropping the worst play always. With tunneling, I think hard tunneling (three hooks in a row) could be severely punished with almost no problem. Other than that, as annoying as this is going to sound, survivors just need to learn to counter it. Because in most scenarios if you’re getting tunneled out very quick, you’re playing poorly. As someone who hardly ever plays the super S tiers like nurse and blight so I’m not very good with them, tunneling really isn’t that efficient with the perks/off hook buffs survivors currently have. Usually the only time I will tunnel is if a survivor is going out of their way to use their anti-tunnel defenses as a weapon against me because I’m not tunneling. And even then I usually have to make a decision of “am I annoyed enough I’ll throw this match to get this guy out” because the existing tools are good enough that as long as a team isn’t being super greedy/cocky, tunneling 1 survivor out gives them enough time to get most gens done before that guy is out.