BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF BUG
SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: When using the perk jagged compass the noise notification for the perk activating still occurs when a survivor is unhooked. This essentially eliminates the lack of notification for unhooks mentioned in the anti tunneling section of the patch notes.
Comments
This also occurs for Furtive Chase, Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, and Floods of Rage.
Could you please attach the logs? Be sure they are taken right after encountering the issue.
To find them:
Thank you.
Captured some logs where Jagged Compass, Furtive Chase, and Floods of Rage all triggered at the same time when someone was unhooked.
DeadByDaylight.logI mean there's nothing you can really do about this unless they redesign the perks.
I was testing Deerstalker. If the hooked survivor had Alert, anytime I kicked a gen/pallet, I saw their aura on hook. If i timed it right, I can see them being unhooked (and then their aura disappears because of Elusive). Same with Babysitter using Deerstalker. if the unhooking survivor has Babysitter, they're seeing my aura and with Deerstalker I can see them too, so again i know the survivor is being unhooked.
These scenarios and perks were definitely overlooked but at the same time I don't think it's terrible for a killer to know when someone gets unhooked. Not all killers tunnel, myself as killer i'd go for the person who did the unhook for my next chase if I haven't found anyone else. This whole system punishes players who don't tunnel currently.