Why are medium vaults so badly broken?

This is one of THE most frustrating, infuriating issues I keep dealing with constantly. It happens constantly, pretty much every game, multiple times per game even.

Killer is chasing you, a window is your only salvation. You try to fast vault but only medium vault. The animation fully completes and you get some steps from the window. BLAM! Killer lunges and hits you five feet away from the window. I check the ping, and I'm at 50 ping, killer is at like 70.

Why is this even a thing? At this rate I find myself more flabbergasted when the killer ACTUALLY whiffs like it looks like they should have.

Comments

  • @YamamuraVideoRentals said:

    This is one of THE most frustrating, infuriating issues I keep dealing with constantly. It happens constantly, pretty much every game, multiple times per game even.

    Killer is chasing you, a window is your only salvation. You try to fast vault but only medium vault. The animation fully completes and you get some steps from the window. BLAM! Killer lunges and hits you five feet away from the window. I check the ping, and I'm at 50 ping, killer is at like 70.

    Why is this even a thing? At this rate I find myself more flabbergasted when the killer ACTUALLY whiffs like it looks like they should have.

    About the part being shocked when you actually make the medium vault, SAME. Every time I don't get hit 8 feet away from the window, I check ping to see what the difference is that makes me always get hit otherwise. The results? Inconclusive, inconsistent.

  • Personally I gave up on trying to get consistent fast vaults a long time ago. They're always so oddly specific with angles and timing.