These Gen speeds are ridiculous and I am tired.
I dont care what yall say but I should not have to constantly worry about gens being gone in 30-40 seconds. Everytime I am searching for survivors or in chase gens go off so dang quickly and there is jack I can do about it. I cant run any fun builds I want to try because the gens are all done in less than 3 minutes if I do. I am so sick and tired of bringing only gen regression to stand a chance. Pardon my rant but I am so sick and freaking tired of it.
I know the gens will probably never be touched but goddamn I needed to get this out cause I am sure others experience similar stuff way too frequently. Sometimes we win some and lose some but half the time its out of my control.
Comments
If you'd like some advice, one of the best things you can do to control gen speeds is to run information perks. Going straight to survivors you can see is a lot stronger than wasting time searching for them.
There's some other stuff to mention as well, but I'll leave it at that for now. Information perks are, in my opinion, stronger than gen perks- and unambiguously they're important to run either way.
And also @jesterkind
The high mmr matches as killer is absurd at 75% WR
Off the record, dead hard, septic medkit strat.
I cant even play myers anymore im sitting at 78% WR, this isnt even fun, they know they have that build yet they just go straight for shack they dont try to loop around the gen they worked on...
Im just thinking of maining ghostface and meme build without going for 3k+
I hate the mmr system, their build + comms and playtime VS my myers is insane...
If i had a fifth perk i would run monitor & abuse
It helps to remember that your win condition has nothing to do with generators, but everything to do with momentum.
Think about it like a candle burning down the wick.
If your goal is to snuff out the flame.
The fire is brightest when all survivors are on generators. 100% efficiency.
When two survivors are off of generators the candle burns away at 50% efficiency.
When only 1 survivor is on a generator the little flame is winnowing.
When no survivors are repairing anymore, the wick is a smoking ember.
I understand your frustration - but for a 90s generator to be completed so quickly, several survivors would have to be on it and using resources (perks and items)
You may be concerned that there's "Not enough wick" to extinguish the fire in time, but that's where the funny thing about the game is - it's not linear like most. Most games when an enemy gets a good item, or has a higher score - it may become implausible to win (League Of Legends, Call Of Duty, Left 4 Dead, etc.) in Dead By Daylight the survivors can do all the generators and open the exit gates and still lose to you. It's a tug of war.
Generators fly very quickly, but even here in your example - it seems like all of them are on generators and repairing them.
Bringing REGRESSION perks only adds more to the wick - and when a bright and raging flame sticks to a candle, adding more wick does little to slow it.
The most important thing is GETTING SURVIVORS OFF OF GENERATORS and DOING LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.
Making survivors go to unhook or pick up their friends, restore each other to healthy, cleanse Hexes, hide in fear, or waste time being chased are all valuable tools in your arsenal.
Perks? Items? They are only important if they help these things. If an item or a perk increases your ability to DISRUPT survivors and REMOVE THEM FROM GENERATORS then you're golden. But if you're constantly throwing wood on a raging bonfire and wondering why it's burning up so fast, reach for the extinguisher instead.
What i don't like at all its how neccesary is to have at least 1 or even 2 gen regression perks if the survivors are at least "competent". Not very good, just competent.
One thing i am noticing in my games is that i can have every chase really short, winning every mindgame and hooking people non-stop. Then i have "one" chase that i get a mistake of making it a bit longer than usual, probably longer than it should be.
At this moment gens starts to pop extremely fast, and now i have to sweat really hard or tunel/camp if i want to get at least some kills. And everything because i did "one" mistake and one chase was longer while every other chase was extremely short. And this is having into account that i have one or two gen regression perks. If not? Then the game was over for me and it will probably end in a 0k or 1k if i tunnel and camp someone really hard.
I would love to NOT have to bring gen regression perks. I mean, yeah, i dont need to bring them, and if i win every chase hard in 10-15 seconds i can still kill some people, but that means that those people were far worse than me and the matchmaking didnt do his job anyways. You ARE supposed to lose some chases if the survivors are at your level, but losing some chases means the gens fly.
BHVR is fixated on anti-tunnel, anti-camp and anti-slug, but i would love if they do something about those times where the gens fly hard because you do some mistakes or lose some chases (which agains equally skilled survivors, you should do).
Hell i would not care if they just nerf or rework every gen regression perk as long as gens are more bearable in the basekit game against equally skilled survivors.