Memory leak in Dead By Daylight?

I’ve seen other users on the forum mention a major FPS bug in the recent patch. On my laptop (Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 16 GB RAM), I used to get around 80–90 FPS. Since reinstalling Windows yesterday, I start with 90 FPS when launching the game, but after 3–4 minutes, my FPS drops steadily—down to 70, then 65, 60, and eventually 40.

I tested other games and had no issues.

Here’s a related post:

@SDago said:

I have a problem after patch 9.1.0, and not only me.

Okay first start i have all new drivers, all pathes download, laptop with gtx 1050 and i5 core with 16 gb

After starting game and give 5-8 minutes game started lagging and give 30-40 fps only.

Only helping restart game after this problem come again

Idk what to do and its problem only game or with my laptop ?

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I have the same problem with the 9.1.0 update. In the lobby, I have 120 fps at the beginning of the game, but it drops to 90-70 fps and then to 30-40 fps. I don't know what to do, but I hope they will notice and fix it.

  • i have the same problem, like Rich. I do'nt know what to do… :/

  • image.png image.png

    See i even made photos, it's crazy 6 minutes have passed, and the fps dropped to half, if I leave it there another 5 minutes it goes down even more

  • YOOOOOOOOO, we all just need to wait after developers fix this or not, idk but hope they see this and fix

  • Hello guys, today I think I solved my issue. When I reinstalled Windows, I installed the NVIDIA app, which automatically installed the latest drivers version 580.88. Someone on Reddit suggested trying an older driver version, so I installed version 576.88. I tested Dead by Daylight and now I get 90 FPS even after 10 minutes. Before reinstalling Windows, I was using an older NVIDIA driver because I was too lazy to update it. So yeah, that was the issue i think.