Clown and Ghoul make me worry for this game’s health going forward
These killers have been designed in a way that literally anyone can just pick them up and instantly start winning 90% of their games. What ever happened to skillful killer design? Unknown, Wesker, etc are examples of WELL designed killers that require the people using them to have some mechanical skill and have fair chance of outplay on the survivor side.
Ghoul? You can injure people by looking in their general direction, and also have some of the best mobility in the game and scamper lite. Clown? You basically have permanent bloodlust tier 3.
As someone who has played both sides for years it’s hard to not he concerned about this. BHVR design philosophy is changing and not in a good way…
Comments
I share the concerns. Developers seem to be terrified of skill gaps in live service games. Another example would be FF14. They've dumbed the jobs and writing down by an alarming degree, and now they're hemorrhaging players.
DbD has survived this long with friction and skill gaps between the top-mid-bottom of the playerbase. We don't suddenly need to dumb everything down so a 200 hr player can compete with vets who have thousands of hours. You're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. It will backfire.
I'm excited for a killer that just looks at you real hard and you drop dead.
Honestly though, is it weird I don't have much trouble with Ghoul? People complain about him endlessly but most of the Ghouls I encounter are terrible players and I win a good deal of those matches. I think his reputation as being easy has attracted the lowest of the low. They're also the biggest babies and the most prone to DCing, in my experience.
if they don't accept the L and just completely revert the clown changes it's over.