Bug reporting form: can't upload log file while game is running

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

Title.

PLATFORM:

  • OS: Debian 12
  • Browser: Firefox 140.0esr

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

  1. Launch the game and let it run
  2. Open Firefox
  3. Log in to forums.bhvr.com (if not logged in)
  4. Create a new bug report
  5. Try to upload the logfile from dbd while the game is still running and writing to it
  6. Observe error code 400 in the browser

I'm not sure if this is something you can fix, because maybe Firefox is the buggy component here and not the server, but as a workaround you could show a more descriptive error message to the user like "if your game is still running, please try closing it before uploading".

VIDEO:

n/a, but here's a screenshot:

image.png

ADDITIONAL INFO:

  • Using my browser's developer tools, I can observe that the failing request is a POST to https://forums.bhvr.com/api/v2/media.
  • My browser used HTTP/3 for that request.
  • The logfile in question was around 10MB in size when I tried to upload it (but constantly growing of course)
DeadByDaylight.log

PS: Out of interest - what's the format of these logfiles? I tried looking into one when trying to debug a weird graphics issue on my hardware, but it just seems to be random bytes: it doesn't seem gzipped or xz'ed, and file doesn't recognize the format either.

Comments

  • You must exit the game to upload logs as the game is actively writing to the logs whilst the game is running.