How’s The Switch From Keyboard & Mouse Going?

For me personally, the switch has been pretty challenging but also fun, I feel like I’m relearning how to play the game again and it’s honestly fun and frustrating at the same time. I’ve been playing dbd since late 2017 on and off and I’ve always been a console gamer, I have about 4K hours on this game and I would say I’m pretty strong killer and survivor on controller. My first day on KB&M was so horrible, I genuinely felt bad for my teammates and I would laugh at how garbage I was , I struggled with everything, looking back, looping, simply just running, etc… Picking up killer came pretty easily for me though, especially for huntress and nurse, it just felt right using your mouse to aim your hatchets and blink. Day 2 was pretty decent I started to figure out what inputs felt comfortable to me, it looked weird and maybe janky but it worked for me. I still wasn’t great in chase and at times I wanted to pick up my controller but I genuinely wanted to get better so I continued playing. Day 3 felt really good, I practiced my movements in the tutorial/survive with bots and it helped a TON with survivor movements. I lasted longer in chase and even managed to get a few flashlight saves which felt really good. Everything wasn’t perfect though, hugging loops and camera control didn’t come easy for me and I wasn’t completely used to using space bar for dropping pallets and vaulting but I just need to get used to it. I’ve now made up my mind that I’m fully switching over to kb&m, if anyone else is reading this and are also switching over to kb&m I would recommend that you use the tutorials to practice looping, hugging walls, or just doing the objective, because it helps out a LOT. One last thing I have to say is don’t be discouraged if it takes you some time to figure everything out and DON’T pick up the controller it’s about improving so don’t use the controller as your crutch.

Comments

  • @BottomPolice said:

    For me personally, the switch has been pretty challenging but also fun, I feel like I’m relearning how to play the game again and it’s honestly fun and frustrating at the same time. I’ve been playing dbd since late 2017 on and off and I’ve always been a console gamer, I have about 4K hours on this game and I would say I’m pretty strong killer and survivor on controller. My first day on KB&M was so horrible, I genuinely felt bad for my teammates and I would laugh at how garbage I was , I struggled with everything, looking back, looping, simply just running, etc… Picking up killer came pretty easily for me though, especially for huntress and nurse, it just felt right using your mouse to aim your hatchets and blink. Day 2 was pretty decent I started to figure out what inputs felt comfortable to me, it looked weird and maybe janky but it worked for me. I still wasn’t great in chase and at times I wanted to pick up my controller but I genuinely wanted to get better so I continued playing. Day 3 felt really good, I practiced my movements in the tutorial/survive with bots and it helped a TON with survivor movements. I lasted longer in chase and even managed to get a few flashlight saves which felt really good. Everything wasn’t perfect though, hugging loops and camera control didn’t come easy for me and I wasn’t completely used to using space bar for dropping pallets and vaulting but I just need to get used to it. I’ve now made up my mind that I’m fully switching over to kb&m, if anyone else is reading this and are also switching over to kb&m I would recommend that you use the tutorials to practice looping, hugging walls, or just doing the objective, because it helps out a LOT. One last thing I have to say is don’t be discouraged if it takes you some time to figure everything out and DON’T pick up the controller it’s about improving so don’t use the controller as your crutch.

    Even those on PC usually play surv with a controller. It's playing killer where the differences are stark.

  • @BottomPolice said:

    For me personally, the switch has been pretty challenging but also fun, I feel like I’m relearning how to play the game again and it’s honestly fun and frustrating at the same time. I’ve been playing dbd since late 2017 on and off and I’ve always been a console gamer, I have about 4K hours on this game and I would say I’m pretty strong killer and survivor on controller. My first day on KB&M was so horrible, I genuinely felt bad for my teammates and I would laugh at how garbage I was , I struggled with everything, looking back, looping, simply just running, etc… Picking up killer came pretty easily for me though, especially for huntress and nurse, it just felt right using your mouse to aim your hatchets and blink. Day 2 was pretty decent I started to figure out what inputs felt comfortable to me, it looked weird and maybe janky but it worked for me. I still wasn’t great in chase and at times I wanted to pick up my controller but I genuinely wanted to get better so I continued playing. Day 3 felt really good, I practiced my movements in the tutorial/survive with bots and it helped a TON with survivor movements. I lasted longer in chase and even managed to get a few flashlight saves which felt really good. Everything wasn’t perfect though, hugging loops and camera control didn’t come easy for me and I wasn’t completely used to using space bar for dropping pallets and vaulting but I just need to get used to it. I’ve now made up my mind that I’m fully switching over to kb&m, if anyone else is reading this and are also switching over to kb&m I would recommend that you use the tutorials to practice looping, hugging walls, or just doing the objective, because it helps out a LOT. One last thing I have to say is don’t be discouraged if it takes you some time to figure everything out and DON’T pick up the controller it’s about improving so don’t use the controller as your crutch.

    Its been Suprisingly easy. Seeing as DBDs the first ever keyboard mouse game I've ever played, other than fat fingering the wrong keys its been pretty much the same, except now i can play killers like Blight and Billy thanks to free extra turnrate