Game intermittently locks up the computer when returning to menu from a trial

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:
When returning to the menu after completing a trial, there's a black screen with the DbD hatchmark logo. Sometimes during this screen, the computer almost completely stops responding, many background sounds stop, can't alt tab, etc

This seems to last around 15-60 seconds sometimes. Once the screen has completed and returned the menu, the PC resumes responding normally. My PC is otherwise fine, and ONLY has this issue with DbD, and ONLY during that specific loading screen. Sometimes.

I have no idea what causes it, sometimes I don't see it for weeks, sometimes multiple times in a day. I thought it might be driver related, but after multiple regular updates of drivers, it still occurs.

I've been seeing this issue for months (possibly a year or two), but haven't bothered reporting it as it could have been a driver issue or an issue that was fixed, since it's fairly intermittent. However, since it still occurs, and only with DbD, and only during that return to menu screen., there could be an issue.

Yes, verified files, blah blah. MONTHS (if not years)

PLATFORM:

Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

End a trial, issue sometimes occurs during the hatchmark loading screen while returning to menu

Tagged: Declined

Comments