Glitch…?
The last couple of weeks nearly every killer I have played against has been able to walk up on me without ever hearing a heartbeat. I have turned the volume way up and still nothing.
I have deleted the game and reinstalled hoping it was just some sort of corrupted file or something. That didn't help.
If this a known glitch that others are experiencing?
Has something in the game changed I don't know about?
Am I just having a strange run of bad luck and keep playing against killers that are somehow cheating?
I just want to figure out what is going on. It's making the game nearly unplayable. If it's an intentional change I'll just move on to something else because it isn't even enjoyable this way. If it's a glitch it needs to be fixed. If it's cheaters they are getting rampant and people need to start getting banned.
One way or the other I have loved this game and hope to continue to be able to love it, but at the moment it's simply not fun.
I have deleted the game and reinstalled hoping it was just some sort of corrupted file or something. That didn't help.
If this a known glitch that others are experiencing?
Has something in the game changed I don't know about?
Am I just having a strange run of bad luck and keep playing against killers that are somehow cheating?
I just want to figure out what is going on. It's making the game nearly unplayable. If it's an intentional change I'll just move on to something else because it isn't even enjoyable this way. If it's a glitch it needs to be fixed. If it's cheaters they are getting rampant and people need to start getting banned.
One way or the other I have loved this game and hope to continue to be able to love it, but at the moment it's simply not fun.
Comments
Which Killer was it? The Shape (Michael Myers) in T1 has no heartbeat. As well as certain add ons for Wraith, etc.
Were they using Tinkerer perhaps?
It might be the new Tinkerer perk. It nullifies the Heartbeat for a while when someone's nearing a gen completion. It's a Hillbilly perk, which is great for him since he can travel the map and no one can know he's coming, even from the opposite end.
We, Survivors, have perks like Premonition and Spine Chill so we’ll know when the killer is coming far away which gives us time to run and hide.
Its better that they can hide their terror radius so they can have at least something to help them out, especially with experienced survivors.
... i know it's stupid but do you have sound turned off?
@mmain also Tinkerer requires 85% of the gen to be done so it's not completely unfair
The shape has a heartbeat in tier 1 but it's only 6m (Almost standing in front/behind of you until you hear the heartbeat). If he used Monitor & Abuse then the terror radius is 0.
Pig has none when crouching.
Did you try another speaker/headphone?