Would you take smokebomb over a medkit?

As you might know, survivors are receiving a new item in the 9.1.0 PTB which is a smokebomb similar to the fog crystals that were present during the halloween event. I am excited to see how this new item can be used, but I also see a future where — just like other items — survivors will still end up using a medkit once the novelty wears off, simply due to the sheer usefulness of having a self heal on hand and the smokebomb will remain a filler bloodweb item.

Do you think people will regularly take the smokebomb into the trial, or will this item fade into obscurity?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3960316#Comment_3960316

    I mean if you're playing with friends all the time and you're not solo queuing & effectively throwing games with randoms by bringing useless stuff, all the power to you.

    How am I throwing if I am having fun?

  • If you're doing particularly goofy stuff with friends you're not…or at least not in a way that matters. If you're doing goofy stuff in solo queue instead of running stuff that gives your overall team an advantage (either by choosing things that speed up gens/healing or providing an extra layer of safety/info for yourself/your teammates) then you're pretty much choosing to weaken your entire team and causing your randoms to have a smaller chance at escaping. Statistically, anyway. If you were a god gamer^TM that knows how to juice every killer at every tile w/o perks (like a certain content creator who does looping guides) then that matters less.

    But you said you play with friends all the time so it doesn't matter at all.

1 2 ›