I feel like this game is too old for maps this bad
Like I understand, I don't believe that map design is something easy to do but like… on what planet does it make sense for a game this old to have maps like eyrie, badham, and garden of joy, existing in the same game as midwich, forgotten ruins, and rpd.
Your maps shouldn't bring out an immediate groan from most of either side's playerbase, depending on what the map is. And it doesn't feel like it has actually improved since then, because the new FNAF map feels absolutely massive.
Comments
Myself, I’m sick or tiny maps that have me literally bumping into every survivor AND the killer every time I try and walk anywhere so larger maps are welcome.
If certain killers have troubles on certain map sizes then maybe they should dynamically adjust size based on a killer’s mobility when the match is generated.
Honestly, while there are plenty of things it wouldn't fix, I think a lot of the issues DBD has as a game would be fixed if they fixed their maps. Like, the maps are clustertrucks, to be blunt.
They're either too small, too cluttered, too open, have horrible door placement, or all of the above. And depending on the issue the map has determines which side will end up having the better time, and it's rarely the Survivors.
Small maps (and by extension in-door maps) make it darn near impossible to actually do anything as the Survivor.
Cluttered maps make it difficult to play certain Killers.
Open maps make it nearly impossible to avoid the Killer as the Survivor.
Maps where the doors are right next to each other are an almost guaranteed 4K for the Killer.
Yet, each new map falls into one, or many, of these design issues. Maps should have a balanced design so that they don't favor either side. Yet, the developers in charge of the maps keep ensuring one or both sides won't have a fun time. It's disappointing, really.
map design just isnt their fortune i guess.