Let's talk gens and healing

Or more specifically, the impact healing buffs have on gens. Healing is a passive slowdown to gens. The more time spent healing = less time spent on gens.

But now that healing has gotten buffed, and the plethora of healing perks that exist, it comes out too… less time spent healing = more time on gens. People can get unhooked and be full health in 2-3 seconds.

Botany knowledge at just a flat 50% increase to healing across the board for free, is egregious. The highest botany ever was before is 33%. It got buffed to 50%, BECAUSE of the efficiency decrease it had on medkits. If it's going to not have the efficiency negative… it shouldn't still be 50%. And the more people figure out just how busted resurgence is, the more you'll start to see that.

So that comes to my main point. Gens haven't gotten any slower to do (and in fact have arguably gotten faster due to less of that passive slowdown from healing), but gen regression perks… have only gotten worse. A LOT worse. And who does this negatively affect? All the killers not named blight and nurse.

Like… there's one viable gen regression perk, that being pain res (which even THAT is a shadow of itself). Everything else needs to be stacked with multiple other gen perks for it to be meaningful.

I fully believe it would be healthier for the game, if there was just a straight up cap put on how many gen regression perks you can have in your loadout. You block off the ability to have things like cob, overcharge, and pop again. BUT, you actually let perks be useful because you don't have to fear creating another 3 gen meta situation. You don't need to make them broken, you just need to make them meaningful.

They've all been butchered, but gens haven't gotten slower to compensate.

Comments

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954934#Comment_3954934

    Resurgence buff happening a while ago doesn't change that people are starting to now catch on to it. I'm seeing multiple resurgences EVERY game. Leverage doesn't even do anything against it, it's completely unnoticeable. It's like with CoB. When it released, no one gave a damn about it even though it was 200% for the longest time. And then it caught on, and then it got nerfed.

    I'm not saying I'm losing every match on planet earth. I'm not saying all hell has broken loose. I'm simply saying, they are starting to create a heal meta that can very quickly get out of hand. Because people stopped using botany since it would directly effect their own medkits. Since that is gone, people are just going to use it for the free value 50% increase in healing.

    I'm sorry, but I am of the belief that heals off of hooks shouldn't only take 2-3 seconds. That is busted to me imo.

    But the only time this is really happening is with the perk Resurgence or MAYBE if two survivors are healing that person and they also have healing speed perks or a juicy medkit.

1 2 ›