The OFFICIAL stats website counts every single abandon as a survivor as an escape.
Title. This statistic is completely meaningless from a survivor perspective, check it yourself. Any game you abandon will be counted as a full on escape, massively inflating all of your escape rates from any time after abandoning was introduced.
I literally abandoned a game as the last person alive in the middle of being mori'd and the website STILL counted it as an escape.
Comments
It also counts against your kill rate statistics as well. I have a Wesker game in my history that shows 1 kill despite it being a 3k where the last 2 abandoned during EGC and 1 person got out.
Edit: Upon further review it seems like the stats website might still count the abandons as kills on your overall stats for that killer despite clearly saying escaped. I can only confirm this from the killer stats perspective though. Someone would have to go into a match on a fresh/underplayed survivor and see if their escape rate goes up or down after an abandon.
I never abandon unless killer mega Toxic.
I want the Loss. Give me killers i can actually try to loop against. Let me learn the game. Its 1000+ hours already. When can i learn the game?