The likely reason most of our official stats are off

I see a lot of posts dispersed on the forums about how our official stats are incorrect to varying degrees. The stats are obviously real in that I do think they reflect my most used killers, survivors, and perks (as many others have observed), but the matches and hours played are off.

People are bringing up lobby time and limited modes as explanations, but this isn't it. We are forced to speculate, but I think most of the missing hours are because of non-linked accounts.

Rotating game modes are a mainstay of this past year of DbD, but many of us are missing thousands of hours in stats that cannot be accounted for in just this year or in the past two years. I had at least a thousand hours as a Hag main before the Sadako Rising chapter released and she's one of my least played killers according to my stats page. I know that isn't right. I also don't really think I bothered to link to my BHVR account until 2023 or so, so I am assuming those hours, regardless of what platform they were on, are not counted.

Comments

  • This is probably also the reason why the stats are accurate for other people. Some of us linked our accounts straight away.