Running over obstacles?
Hey all,
What is the best way to sprint or leap over obstacles? Anytime I hold shift to run and press spacebar to sprint fast over objects,.it never works unless I let go of sprint and do it slow.
Is there a method to do this I am missing?
Thanks!
Comments
Bump for help.
Can you elaborate a little? When vaulting a window, there's 3 kinds of vaults.
The first is the slow one, which happens when you vault a window without running.
The second is the so-called medium vault, which happens when you vault a window while running, but come at it from an awkward angle.
Lastly, there's the fast vault. This appears as a proper jump over the window, and is fastest kind of vault.
So, what's actually happening to you?
Im trying to do the fastest vault, but when I'm holding shift to run and I press spacebar when running towards a pallet or window, it doesn't do anything. This usually results in ne having to slow vault.
Does this always happen, or only against specific killers (like Doctor, for example)?
Well, honestly I have only noticed it against Pyramid head. I played 3 matches and it was all the same killer lol. So I'm not sure if it's just him or constant.
Hm. I'm not entirely sure, then. If at all possible, could you maybe make a recording of this happening? Maybe it's another bug.
I'm not completely sure how to record it or I would for sure. But after doing more plays, I found that if I start sprinting then approach an obstacle, I let go of the W key as I approach and just hit space bar and the character will vault the object.
I figured you could hold the sprint key but maybe not?
Have you tried holding both shift and w keys? From how you’re describing it, it sounds like you’re coming to a dead stop before you vault. You need to keep running whilst vaulting, basically.
Yeah, that's my problem. When I hold both it doesn't ever do it. It makes me come to a dead stop before I can vault.
I Appreciate the advice for sure! I'm as confused myself lol.
Could you maybe try recording your gameplay with another device, like a phone? I’m quite unsure myself at this point too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/17gau0h/i_cant_fast_vault_for_some_reason/
So I found this link that also describes it from other users..this will explain it better than me.. apparently it's a ghost mapping issue?