Game crashes after Steam Deck update to SteamOS 3.7.8

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

After the SteamOS big update to 3.7.8 on my Steam Deck every time I try to start Dead by Daylight it shows the initial screen, then a black screen while the starting movie should be playing, then after that the DbD logo appears but no text shows up and in about 2 or 3 seconds the game crashes with an UE crash without any errors.
I have no way to open my game now and I fear I might miss the rest of the 2v8 event. :(

PLATFORM:
Steam - Steam Deck (SteamOS 3.7.8)

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

  • Boot up Steam Deck
  • Start DbD from Steam (Game mode or desktop mode)
  • The EAC screen appears normally
  • The initial screen appears normally
  • A black screen without sound or anything while the movie should be playing
  • Then the DbD logo screen for a few seconds before the crash

VIDEO:
(Screenshots)

image.png image.png image.png 20250525111422.jpg image.png

PLAYER LOGS:

The log is attached to the post.

Tagged: Declined

Comments