I don’t have any controllers plugged in, but I do have an external hard drive, an audio interface, and a microphone connected to my PC.
I tried using a gamepad and, unlike when I move the mouse, there were no frame drops at all.
Unfortunately, though, I’m not able to play the game with a controller…
I switched to a different mouse (Logitech G102 LIGHTSYNC), and even lowered the polling rate to 500Hz — but the frame drops still happen exactly the same way.
Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this, or if there’s an official fix coming.
I have the same problem. When I move my mouse I have zero frames until I stop. Bought a new mouse and lowered the polling rate as low as possible and nothing changed.
The game works perfectly fine when I use the keyboard to look around but that's not an option.
Started like two weeks ago when 2v8 ended I think. I'm on epic games.
Edit: Ok, I've found a solution that worked for me. It was Discord's Overlay. I thought about it being a problem but I already turned if off when it was introduced. That's what I thought at least. There were still some parts active like messages. So I turned everything off and explicitly disabled everything related to DBD. Now, the game works again. I hope this helps someone.
EDIT2: Ugh, it's not the overlay. It's a different program. Just close everything you don't need while playing DBD.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I had that issue a while ago in DbD - do you have any other Input devices plugged in like a controller?
I don’t have any controllers plugged in, but I do have an external hard drive, an audio interface, and a microphone connected to my PC.
I tried using a gamepad and, unlike when I move the mouse, there were no frame drops at all.
Unfortunately, though, I’m not able to play the game with a controller…
I switched to a different mouse (Logitech G102 LIGHTSYNC), and even lowered the polling rate to 500Hz — but the frame drops still happen exactly the same way.
Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this, or if there’s an official fix coming.
I have the same problem. When I move my mouse I have zero frames until I stop. Bought a new mouse and lowered the polling rate as low as possible and nothing changed.
The game works perfectly fine when I use the keyboard to look around but that's not an option.
Started like two weeks ago when 2v8 ended I think. I'm on epic games.
Edit: Ok, I've found a solution that worked for me. It was Discord's Overlay. I thought about it being a problem but I already turned if off when it was introduced. That's what I thought at least. There were still some parts active like messages. So I turned everything off and explicitly disabled everything related to DBD. Now, the game works again. I hope this helps someone.
EDIT2: Ugh, it's not the overlay. It's a different program. Just close everything you don't need while playing DBD.