8.7.0 really hit performance

Really not sure what was changed to cause such a hit, but DbD has been performing horribly for me since the 8.7.0 update.

Prior to the update I played at a steady 90 FPS but now I sit around 85 and get HUGE framerate drops whenever anything happens. Getting hit by the killer, Dracula shapeshifting, completing a generator, etc. knocks me down to like 40 FPS and the game goes all choppy for a good few seconds.

I've tried lowering my graphics settings, lowering my FPS cap, using FSR, XESS, etc. but the FPS is still really spiky no matter what I try.

Pretty baffled considering the game doesn't look any better but somehow runs way worse after Steady Pulse dropped.

Comments

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Really not sure what was changed to cause such a hit, but DbD has been performing horribly for me since the 8.7.0 update.

    Prior to the update I played at a steady 90 FPS but now I sit around 85 and get HUGE framerate drops whenever anything happens. Getting hit by the killer, Dracula shapeshifting, completing a generator, etc. knocks me down to like 40 FPS and the game goes all choppy for a good few seconds.

    I've tried lowering my graphics settings, lowering my FPS cap, using FSR, XESS, etc. but the FPS is still really spiky no matter what I try.

    Pretty baffled considering the game doesn't look any better but somehow runs way worse after Steady Pulse dropped.

    Whatever you do, don't go into the center room of Lery's with a Doc or else ....

    Also, I bet our precious Switch cousins would consider a steady 90 frames absolutely criminal 🤪🤣

  • My games have been stuttering/freezing and I've been rubber banding like crazy. I reset my router and verify game files and it's still happening.

    My friends were having the same problem. It was so bad that we had to stop playing.