This Bloodmoon event favored killers at their strongest and disfavored them at their weakest.
TL;DR: The Bloodmoon event seemed to make less skilled survivors get lost and struggle more than usual, while survivors playing optimally were stronger than usual and way harder to counter.
Just clarifying the title, killers have an easier time in the average MMR, but a harder time on the highest level of skill, but somehow the bloodmoon event seemed to make the game even more killer-sided in lower MMRs and more survivor-sided on higher ones, which is terrible, it gave a harder time to each side when they were already at their weakest. Or at least that's how I perceived it.
The first time I played during the event I was probably on a lower MMR than I usually am because I had been playing WAY less frequently than usual for a while and had just stayed at least an entire week without playing, and as far as I know, MMR decreases in situations like that. Either way, I was easily winning my killer matches, all of them, back to back, with multiple different killers. I get that in a lower MMR than usual the game should be expected to be easier, but it was WAY too easy, hours before losing a single match. And before anyone asks, I was not playing the Ghoul, I hadn't bought him yet and didn't even do it before he got nerfed. Meanwhile, my first survivor matches were quite awful, with people taking long to even do the first two gens, but I managed to escape through the gates in my 3rd or 4th one that night.
But eventually the clock marked 2 AM, you know, the time that is so late that a lot of the people still playing are those who play DbD a LOT and tend do be more experienced and skilled… and suddenly the situation was the opposite. I was struggling as killer because the bloodmoon gens were often impossible to defend, and survivor matches were easier then they had been in a long time. On the following days, the only times the event matches were indeed that much harder were either during the day or after 2 AM, times when you are more likely to face skilled survivors. Matches in the evening were fine for the most part.
What it seemed to me is that less efficient survivors were a bit lost in the event. Took way too much time looking for gas stations, 3-genned themselves, in situations where either all the remaining gens were normal or the blood gens were way too far from gas stations, got often found and downed while carrying cannisters, things like that. Skilled survivors didn't have that problem and did every strat they could to do gens insanely fast. I appreciate the devs finally used the old player suggestion of "looking for fuel for generators" as an additional obective, but the way it was implemented was really bad.
Comments