The most important problem with the current surrender system
Why both sides can’t be given the option to surrender at any time after 10 minutes from the start of the match?
Why 10 minutes?
In almost a hundred percent of games, after this time (and sometimes even earlier) the result of the match will be clear, but in our game there is one tiny little problem that the developers decided to ignore. I'm talking about the fact that players can become hostages of the match. By cheaters.
Yes, they are the ones who hold players hostage for an hour before the game server is closed. And even of the current conditions allowing to surrender don't help, because cheater can do 5 gens and didnt open the gate to not triggering collapse. And how nice it would be if a survivor or killer could surrender after 10 minutes from the start of the match to avoid wasting an hour of their life.
Oh yeah, there is an alternative option: I can leave the match prematurely and get penalized for it. Because it's my fault for getting caught in a match with a cheater, not the developer who didn't provide tools to avoid such situations.
I could also provide you more disadvantages of the surrender system are, but please, solve this first.
Comments
I think that's more an issue with the cheaters not the surrender option. Im loving the killer surrender option, no more waiting for an hour and no more cheap hatch escapes. There has been a few that still try to hide for the hatch but 10min later they get die when I abandon the match. Mostly survivors would rather come to me and get downed then they abandon. Suits me fine, 4k is 4k even if it's against 2 already downed bots.
I totally agree with you, but the developers have done nothing about the anti-cheat for the entire existence of the game. Every time there is a free dbd giveaway, cheaters immediately swoop in. And I have no desire to get penalized for leaving from the game just because someone doesn't want to work on the game. If the developers can't fix anti-cheat, then they at least have to provide a way to counter them